I mean if I wasn't worried about the pandemic, this would be a far more enlightening blog post. But things are as they are, and what must, must.
So me being me and all about timing broke my bloody fuckin ankle (thank you historic alleys of Evansville, cobblestone) while taking Maggie out for a walk. I could put no weight on my ankle. I yelled for a good while scaring my dog, em thanks to any neighbor that heard me but didn't come to help, I had to drag myself, keep hold of the dog, across miserable surfaces, open a swinging door to a deck with nails that stick out, get dog inside, then somehow get up to unlock doors.
I didnt know how determined I could be.
Maggie was still very confused. Why are you yelling at me, I'm just watching you crawl which is probably funny for dogs. Thank god for knee scooters because I was so unsteady with crutches, PT were like, no let's focus on the walker.
Any upper body, non weight bearing on ankles, exercises, appreciated.
I asked a friend who literally started a company with the name for way to help tight muscles.
she said maybe focus on upper body.
er. dude. I am a relatively fit, flexible person and you could show your whole process with me as I recover from this injury. And I wouldn't care. I would do the exercises, the stretches, the ab work. And even allow some video. Not of my face.
but really. ankle injuries should be bread and butter for any kind of not yoga but stretching group, poor response.
So me being me and all about timing broke my bloody fuckin ankle (thank you historic alleys of Evansville, cobblestone) while taking Maggie out for a walk. I could put no weight on my ankle. I yelled for a good while scaring my dog, em thanks to any neighbor that heard me but didn't come to help, I had to drag myself, keep hold of the dog, across miserable surfaces, open a swinging door to a deck with nails that stick out, get dog inside, then somehow get up to unlock doors.
I didnt know how determined I could be.
Maggie was still very confused. Why are you yelling at me, I'm just watching you crawl which is probably funny for dogs. Thank god for knee scooters because I was so unsteady with crutches, PT were like, no let's focus on the walker.
Any upper body, non weight bearing on ankles, exercises, appreciated.
I asked a friend who literally started a company with the name for way to help tight muscles.
she said maybe focus on upper body.
er. dude. I am a relatively fit, flexible person and you could show your whole process with me as I recover from this injury. And I wouldn't care. I would do the exercises, the stretches, the ab work. And even allow some video. Not of my face.
but really. ankle injuries should be bread and butter for any kind of not yoga but stretching group, poor response.
No comments:
Post a Comment